question

Martin Brandel avatar image
Martin Brandel asked

Multiple contact emails?

The PlayerProfile.ContactEmailAddresses is a list, which made me assume you could add multiple contact email addresses for one account. However, this does not seem to be mentioned in the docs, the "AddOrUpdateContactEmail" api has no option on whether you are adding a new one or overwriting a previous one, and seems to imply that it could replace an active email.

So how do contact emails work? Why do I get a list if I cannot have multiple? If I can have multiple how do I add one one without replacing the existing emails?

Thanks.

Player DataAccount Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

The AddOrUpdateContactEmail API adds a contact email to the player's profile. If the player's profile already contains a contact email, it will update the contact email to the email address specified. The current behaviour is by design, player cannot add multiple contact emails. If there is any business impact caused by this data structure, you can let us know.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Martin Brandel avatar image Martin Brandel commented ·

1. Can the primary account email and contact email be different?

2. If so how can we check if the primary account email is verified (does it show up in the contact email list returned by PlayerProfile)?

0 Likes 0 ·
Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ Martin Brandel commented ·

By “the primary account email”, do you mean the login email? If so,

>>Can the primary account email and contact email be different?

The login email is used to login the PlayFab account and receive the account recovery email, while the contact email is used to receive message from your title, thus they are different.

>>If so how can we check if the primary account email is verified?

The login email cannot be verified. The users can put any email as the login email. You can either allow users to register with any email or disable the relevant APIs such that no user is able to register account with email. However, you can let the users know that they may not be able to receive the account recovery email if they were using a fake email address as the login email.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.