question

Juan de Alba avatar image
Juan de Alba asked

What is the difference between Playstream event and Profile read

Hello Playfab team,

From what I understand, if I make a call using, for example, PlayFabClientAPI.LoginWithCustomID, that will raise a "player_logged_in" playstream event but it will also count as a profile read. On the pricing page, it says that Playstream events and profile reads are counted separately, so my question is, in this case, will I have to take those two prices into consideration to calculate my total call cost?

Thank you!

pricingPlayStream
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

The Playstream Event records how many Events are triggered, while the Profile Read records how many Profiles are read. Some APIs can only generate one of them, but a few of APIs can generate both, such as Login APIs.

Yes, we counted them separately. You need to take those two prices into consideration to calculate your total call cost. For more information, please refer to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/pricing/meters/meters.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.