question

Martin Brandel avatar image
Martin Brandel asked

Best practice for saving custom analytics data

In my online trading card game, I would like to record all online matches + decks that each player uses whenever they play. (+ a bunch other custom data from clients).

What is the best practice to do this with playfab?

Playstream seems like the solution, but it is refreshed every month - is there a way to automatically generate and email reports with custom data weekly? - Is there a way I can add all the data I want to the playstream events and call custom events I can sort easily?

Is there any other way I could do this easily? - Is the only decent solution using a third party server where I can dump data through API?

Thanks.

Player Datadataanalytics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

We support developers to write custom Play Stream events with custom data and query them in the Data Explorer to do the analysis. However, we do not support adding the custom analysis result to the report emails. And the storage time of historical events is limited. For your case, you can consider writing the custom Play Stream Events, and send them to the third-party platform for storage and analysis. You can follow our documentation - Insights Export to learn about how to export our events to the external data system. And you can also check the documentation - Connecting external tools to Insights to learn about how to connect our insights to other tools for the data analysis.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.