question

Maddox Riley Werts avatar image
Maddox Riley Werts asked

Unity -> PlayFab -> Xbox Authentication

I've been trying to authenticate a user with Xbox Live with, Well; No luck. I really would appreciate any help I can get. To begin. I've seen somewhere on here that I should be using the Xbox Live Plugin for Unity ( I'm going to reference it now on as XBL Plugin ). I've tried implementing XBL Plugin, Got a Burst Compile Error ( For Microsoft to fix ). Then I saw on the Github Page that it's being replaced with the GDK, So I attempted implementing that. 2 things happened.

1) Nothing worked
2) I couldn't find a version that involved UWP

So I looked at the "Addons Page" on PlayFab for some answers and saw this line of text

"This add-on is not needed for player authentication. For authentication, you only need to authorize PlayFab via your game's settings on XDP."

No idea what that possibly could mean because the Xbox Partner's page offers no support for authenticating with other sources. However there is the Xbox Live Creators Program. That's where I originally got the XBL Plugin but it doesn't work. So I'm kind of stuck in a loophole. If anyone has an answer for finding the Xbox Token or how to authenticate a user with Xbox Live then feel free to answer this. Thank you for your time to whomever is reading this.

unity3dAuthenticationcommunity
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

According to LoginWithXbox, the XboxToken is provided by the Xbox Live SDK/XDK method GetTokenAndSignatureAsync("POST", "https://playfabapi.com/", ""). There is a UWP sample of logging in PlayFab with Xbox and an official C++ sample about interact Xbox with PlayFab that can be the references. For more advanced development questions about Xbox, please navigate to the Xbox development forum for professional supports.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.