question

Mickey Sanchez avatar image
Mickey Sanchez asked

API call is working on VM with 3 servers and failing on VM with more servers

On PlayFab hosted servers when I do the following call, it works when I have 5 servers per VM, but fails when I have more. I have tested with 10 servers per VM and 20 servers per VM. I haven't changed anything - I use the same build and create the build using the "Use as template" option in the web api.

PlayFabServerInstanceAPI serverInstanceAPI = new PlayFabServerInstanceAPI(PlayFabSettings.staticSettings);

serverInstanceAPI.AuthenticateSessionTicket...
multiplayer
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mickey Sanchez avatar image Mickey Sanchez commented ·

To clarify: I am using Unity for development and am using Windows containers in the Playfab hosted server environment.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

The game servers could take up the resources in VM. You can use the VM Metrics (preview) to calculate the optimal number of game servers on a specific Virtual Machine SKU (type). Please note that this feature is currently experimental and offered as a preview. This means that parts of it can change at any time. We are significantly iterating on the experience and asking customers for feedback.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.