question

Ben R. avatar image
Ben R. asked

"Could not save compressapidata because PlayFabSettings could not be found." endless warning spam, Editor extension unusable

Just updated to the latest SDK (2.111.210802), using Unity 2020.3.14, and now seeing this warning spammed in console if I try to look at 'Settings' in the editor extension. Impossible to change settings through the editor extension like this, can still change them by using the Inspector to look at the settings SO.

The settings still exist, deleting and reinstalling the SDK & extensions also shows the same error.

PlayFab.PfEditor.PlayFabEditorDataService/PlayFab_SharedSettingsProxy:Set<bool> (string,bool) (at Assets/PlayFabEditorExtensions/Editor/Scripts/Utils/PlayFabEditorDataService.cs:68)
PlayFab.PfEditor.PlayFabEditorDataService/PlayFab_SharedSettingsProxy:set_CompressApiData (bool) (at Assets/PlayFabEditorExtensions/Editor/Scripts/Utils/PlayFabEditorDataService.cs:22)
PlayFab.PfEditor.PlayFabEditorSettings:DrawPfSharedSettingsOptions (single) (at Assets/PlayFabEditorExtensions/Editor/Scripts/Panels/PlayFabEditorSettings.cs:305)
PlayFab.PfEditor.PlayFabEditorSettings:DrawStandardSettingsSubPanel () (at Assets/PlayFabEditorExtensions/Editor/Scripts/Panels/PlayFabEditorSettings.cs:255)
PlayFab.PfEditor.PlayFabEditorSettings:DrawSettingsPanel () (at Assets/PlayFabEditorExtensions/Editor/Scripts/Panels/PlayFabEditorSettings.cs:119)
PlayFab.PfEditor.PlayFabEditor:OnGuiInternal () (at Assets/PlayFabEditorExtensions/Editor/PlayFabEditor.cs:128)
PlayFab.PfEditor.PlayFabEditor:HideRepaintErrors (System.Action) (at Assets/PlayFabEditorExtensions/Editor/PlayFabEditor.cs:172)
PlayFab.PfEditor.PlayFabEditor:OnGUI () (at Assets/PlayFabEditorExtensions/Editor/PlayFabEditor.cs:104)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)
unity3dsdks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

We can’t reproduce this issue now. Could you please tell us what your PlayFab Extension’s version is? You can navigate to Unity project's [PlayFab Extension]->[HELP] tab to check the extension version at the bottom of the page.

For clarification, there is a known issue on the previous version of PlayFab Extension, we would suggest you upgrade the version of the PlayFab Extension to the latest to fix the possible issues. The latest PlayFab Extension version number should be the same as the SDK version, which is 2.111.210802.

If your extension version is not the latest, you can click the button [UPGRADE EDEX] that under the version number directly, or you can navigate the GitHub repo -- Releases PlayFab/UnitySDK GitHub to download the latest extension to replace the original one.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

scottadams avatar image scottadams commented ·

I add same issue. Upgrading the extension fixed it for me.

1 Like 1 ·
Ben R. avatar image Ben R. commented ·

@Sarah Zhang version showing was 2.67.190520, as mentioned this was downloaded/updated at the same time (from github) as the SDK. Using the update button in the extension worked, now showing the new version and warning spam has gone. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Mohsen Jamali avatar image
Mohsen Jamali answered

I'm having the same issue in version 2.113.210830

2 comments
10 |1200

Mohsen Jamali avatar image Mohsen Jamali commented ·

It happens when I try to change a setting on PlayFabEdEx

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Mohsen Jamali commented ·

Have you upgraded both extension and SDK?

0 Likes 0 ·
Ward avatar image
Ward answered

@Mohsen Jamali I had the same problem. When I updated the Editor Extensions first, that also updated the SDK to the matching version, and everything ran without incident.

10 |1200

itsjustnils avatar image
itsjustnils answered

Having this issue with 2.136.220523. Tried removing both SDK and extensions first, issues keeps recurring.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.