question

hugo-1 avatar image
hugo-1 asked

Search for players in CloudScript

Hello

I need to implement a CloudScript function that looks for players by display name (substrings at least, patterns would be nice), but I can't find any way to do it through the API. Is it possible to search for players in CloudScript, or at least to list them to perform the search manually?

Thanks in advance

apisCloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Wildcard searching is not supported by PlayFab. The player may have either PlayFab ID, Entity ID or the exact DisplayName (also make sure you don’t enable “Allow non-unique player display names” in title settings.) to call GetAccountInfo API. The workaround solution is to have an external database that will cache the player entity chain and their display name so that you can query.

Even though you are able to list all players by GetPlayersInSegment API, it is not practical to implement it in Cloud Script/Azure Function as there is runtime and API call number limit. It will cost plenty of computing time even it is within the limit.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hugo-1 avatar image hugo-1 commented ·

I see. Thanks for the information!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.