question

Muhammad Roshaan Tariq avatar image
Muhammad Roshaan Tariq asked

Number of Devices for Push Notifications

Hi, I have used the Push Notification of Playfab and I have a requirement of registering multiple devices of each platform but I have two questions:

1. Is it possible to register multiple devices with one player account?
  2. How many devices can be registered of each platform (iOS & Android)? For example, if I want to register two distinct iOS devices (1 iPhone, 1 iPad) could it be possible or I can only register one iOS device?
Push Notifications
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

Only 1 device on each platform can be registered for each player. That means the player can register up to 2 devices (one Android device and one IOS device). A second device on the same platform registered will replace the previously registered device.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

stefan avatar image stefan commented ·

Are there any plans to improve that? Many players have an iPad + iPhone and play the same game on both devices.

0 Likes 0 ·
Muhammad Roshaan Tariq avatar image Muhammad Roshaan Tariq commented ·

@Rick Chen I think this should be improved as many people use multiple devices of same platform for their gaming on phones. In that case we can only send notification to one device at a time for each platform.

0 Likes 0 ·
Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ Muhammad Roshaan Tariq commented ·

Currently there is no such feature. If you would like this feature in PlayFab, you could post a thread in the Feature Request forum.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.