question

Britton Bailer avatar image
Britton Bailer asked

How can I use PlayFab to host my game made with MLAPI (unity)? ,How can I use PlayFab to host a multiplayer game built with Unity MLAPI?,Is there any tutorial on how to use PlayFab with MLAPI in Unity?

I am building a game for android right now and have gotten multiplayer working cross network while running the server on my own dedicated server. I am brand new to all of this though, so I'm not sure how to get the game from my personal dedicated server in my room out to public servers with PlayFab. I see a few tutorials on how to use PlayFab with Mirror, but cannot seem to find any on how to use MLAPI with PlayFab.

The goal is to have the game able to be hosted with PlayFab for testing purposes as I continue developing the game in the coming months. I would also like to use PlayFab for matchmaking as I think I saw somewhere that it was offered by the service and I wouldn't know where to start.

unity3dCustom Game ServersmultiplayerandroidMatchmaking
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Britton Bailer avatar image Britton Bailer commented ·

I'm very sorry for the above question. I tried posting it a few times while not logged in and after I logged in, it posted all of them for some reason in the same post. Is there no way to edit it?

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Britton Bailer commented ·

Thanks for the clarification. We have edited the above question. Besides, according to your description, you are using Unity to develop the server with the MLAPI, is it right? Could you please provide any sever sample that implemented with Unity and MLAPI so that we can try to intergrate PlayFab GSDK with it?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

To integrate PlayFab Multiplayer into your game server made with Unity MLAPI, please refer to Integrating the PlayFab GSDK into Unity. Also, there is a official sample https://github.com/PlayFab/MpsSamples/tree/master/UnityMirror you can take a look. Although, in this sample, the game server is made with Unity Mirror, using Unity MLAPI should be similar.

Integrating PlayFab GSDK is just author your game server build, for the other part of using PlayFab Multiplayer Servers, please see Using PlayFab Multiplayer Servers to host multiplayer games.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.