question

jack-2 avatar image
jack-2 asked

PlayFab Multiplayer Server State won't change from StandingBy to Active

Hi, I am currently testing the integration of PlayFab Multiplayer Server using Unity with GSDK. I paired it up with Photon Bolt solution. I am able to upload my server build successfully and have my client connected to it. However, there is one small issue which is that my server state will always stay in StandingBy even though I am having clients connected to it. Do I need to set the state of the server by myself using PlayFabMultiplayerAgentAPI?

photonCustom Game Serversmultiplayer
10 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Is the state of the server build "Healthy"? Have you configure the port properly becasue you are using Photon Bolt. Please also refer to: Build made by Photon sample code keeps unhealthy. (Multiplayer server 2.0),photon bolt whit server 2.0 keep unhealthy state. - Playfab Community

0 Likes 0 ·
jack-2 avatar image jack-2 Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Yes, the state of the server build is "Healthy". I did try locally debugging using mockingvmagent as stated in Locally debugging game servers and integration with PlayFab - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs. The game state changes properly from StandingBy to Active to Terminated.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ jack-2 commented ·

I am using Unity. When the server comes to StandingBy state, it is changed after the initialization by the code:

PlayFabMultiplayerAgentAPI.ReadyForPlayers();

While the ReadyForPlayers() simply changes the state via :

public static void ReadyForPlayers()
{
	CurrentState.CurrentGameState = GameState.StandingBy;
}

It is possible to change the state manually, but I want to know if there are any issues when you are using this server instance though it keeps in StandingBy.

Moreover, I will try to implement Photon Bolt with GSDK to see if I can reproduce this issue. Are you following this documentation? --3 - Photon Bolt PlayFab Server Integration | Photon Engine. Otherwise, would you share the implementation steps with us ?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
vastchen avatar image
vastchen answered

hi, 你解决了吗?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

vastchen avatar image
vastchen answered

hi,Did you solve it

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.