question

Ethan K. G avatar image
Ethan K. G asked

API call count limit exceeded with GetUserAccountInfo

Need to add 10 players into an entity group. I only have these players' PlayFabIds. Cloud Script API entity.AddMembers can achieve that. But AddMembers only accepts PlayFabGroupsModels.EntityKey as input. I use GetUserAccountInfo to convert PlayFabIds to EntityKeys, then get "API call count limit exceeded" with the API "/Server/GetUserAccountInfo" error.

Is there a way to bypass this limitation or upgrading "Free to Start" plan to a higher level plan can fix this issue?

CloudScriptentitieslimits
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

According to the limit page ([Game Manager] -> [Title Settings] -> [Limits]), you are able to send 25 APIs per execution of function. As far as I can see above, there is only 11 APIs required.

In terms of free plan, this limit won’t be able to increase even you have updated to other subscription plans. However, it also seems to unnecessary based on the current requirement. May I have your title ID and function name so that I can dig into it?

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ethan K. G avatar image Ethan K. G commented ·
@SethDu FYI

Title ID: 78C39
Function: OnCreateGroup

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Ethan K. G commented ·

If it is an event-triggered execution, there is 1s runtime and 5 API calls limit. I suggest using Queue Triggered Azure Function.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ethan K. G avatar image Ethan K. G Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Thanks @SethDu
You are right. Event-triggered execution has more restrictions. I will change it to the regular one.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.