question

Good Guy avatar image
Good Guy asked

Our prize table fails and is broken

B66EF

The first and only prize table we ever created can't be updated and does not award prizes when the leaderboard is reset.

Please fix.

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

Apologize for the inconvenience. This issue has been reported to the corresponding team. We don't have ETA on when it will be fixed. Currently, a workaround is that:

before you try to save an action that is to grant item, you could remove the action and re-add it again, then it could be saved successfully.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

Could you describe what you mean by the prize table can’t be updated? What were you trying to update for the prize table and what error does it produce? I have inspected your title and found the relevant event with event id “584d34fb429f42e1b1ff7734057b8251”. This event described that an action was trying to execute on a player but failed with error “Item could not be found on given catalog.” And I saw an action in your prize table with type “Grant item” but no Item ID. This issue is similar to the one in this thread: https://community.playfab.com/questions/53867/playstream-rule-to-grant-items-breaks-if-edited.html.

1 comment
10 |1200

Good Guy avatar image Good Guy commented ·

It does seem similar to that thread, but here are our specific details:

Prize table: 84FE3F16D66588FC

It was originally set to award a Container named "PRIZE001" to the top 3 players. (Container ID UFJJWkUwMDE%253d). The leaderboard was reset several times. No prize awarded ever.

I inspected the prize table, made some edits, and it wouldn't save anymore; The page just displayed a red error message saying "An error occurred while loading data from the server. PlayFab engineers have been notified of the issue and will investigate". And that's it, we can't edit it anymore.

You mentioned a blank action, and I see that. I click "Select Item" and there is nothing to select.

I'm going to delete the entire prize table completely and start over again (this is the second prize table I tried to set up but got problems). We are planning on launching our first leaderboard July 8.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.