question

giorgiotino avatar image
giorgiotino asked

HttpWebRequest has a bug and does not work in 2.106.210406

We have updated PlayFab SDK to v. 2.106.210406 and all of a sudden, if HttpWebRequest is used as request type, no callback is called on success. We identified the problem in:

PlayFabSDK/Shared/Internal/PlayFabHttp/PlayFabWebRequest.cs, line 254

if (localActiveRequests[i].HttpRequest.HaveResponse) <-- HaveResponse does not seem to work

we changed it to:

if (localActiveRequests[i].HttpRequest.GetResponse() != null) <-- it works!

I assume this is a bug, let me know if I am missing something.

apissdks
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ivan Cai avatar image Ivan Cai ♦ commented ·

We are trying to reproduce this issue. We will keep you updated as soon as possible.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Ivan Cai avatar image
Ivan Cai answered

I test calling loginwithemailaddress API to reproduce the two situations you mentioned. As a result, I can see the LoginSuccess callback in the console. Can you provide the code you tested?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

giorgiotino avatar image giorgiotino commented ·

Not sure what kind of code could help, but what happens is that NO api call ever calls any callback - I did try with LoginWithiOS, with Android, with DeviceId - not a single api call works... Just to be clear, everything has been working fine until we upgraded to the specified version, with no other change in the code. We have been running this code for almost two years now.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.