question

Arunprakaash G avatar image
Arunprakaash G asked

How to get data online players?

basically i am working on a multiplayer game i wanted to invite players who are available online right now any idea about getting information?

Player Dataphotondatamultiplayergame manager
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ivan Cai avatar image Ivan Cai ♦ commented ·

Sorry, I don't understand your needs. Do you want to get player data and the data of all online players? Could you please clarify the issue a little bit more clearly?

1 Like 1 ·
Arunprakaash G avatar image Arunprakaash G Ivan Cai ♦ commented ·

i want to get the player username of all online players and once they are listed i can send invite to them to join my room and play

0 Likes 0 ·
Ivan Cai avatar image
Ivan Cai answered

Since playfab is a stateless service and don’t have a mechanism to check if the player is online, as long as the sessionticket is valid, the client can call the client API. So it is hard to check whether the players are online or offline. You need to create a system to check if the player is online.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Arunprakaash G avatar image Arunprakaash G commented ·

can you share any articles or tutorials on how to create that system?

0 Likes 0 ·
Ivan Cai avatar image Ivan Cai ♦ Arunprakaash G commented ·

There is a related thread, I hope it helps you

0 Likes 0 ·
esenkleiter avatar image
esenkleiter answered

@Ivan Can your related thread is 4 years old and mentions a "presence" function:

We will be providing a "presence" style system in a future update, though we don't have a specific date for that just yet.

Do you have any updates on this?

1 comment
10 |1200

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

PlayFab core service is based on RESTful API, which is stateless. You need a real-time and long-connection system to monitor the state of friends. This feature is served by Party at present. Please refer to Azure PlayFab Party overview - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.