question

Darius Vu avatar image
Darius Vu asked

How to create sub-account and update Player Data (Title)?

Dear Support Team,

I am implementing the process as below:

- Account A login with an email.

- Account A creates the Account B with an username and password. (Using PlayFabClientAPI.RegisterPlayFabUser())

- After creating Account B successfully, I update Player Data (Title) using PlayFabClientAPI.UpdateUserData() for Account A.

- Continue using Account A.

But it has the issue that the data is updated for Account B when I called PlayFabClientAPI.UpdateUserData(), it is not updated in Account A.

I guess that the system logins Account B after it is created, is it right? So could you tell me how to fix this issue?

Thank you so much!

Player DataAccount ManagementTitle Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Ivan Cai avatar image
Ivan Cai answered

Through what you said "Account A creates the Account B with an username and password. (Using PlayFabClientAPI.RegisterPlayFabUser())", I found the issue. Account A can't create Account B via calling PlayFabClientAPI.RegisterPlayFabUser. The Account B is a sperate account and has no relationship with Account A.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Darius Vu avatar image Darius Vu commented ·

Thank you for your comment. In my case, I want to implement the function that parents can create (register) the accounts for their kids with an username and password. And after creating kid's accounts, parents still continue using parent's account and share the kid's account information to their kids.

Do you know any way to solve the issue above?

Thank you so much!!!

0 Likes 0 ·
Ivan Cai avatar image Ivan Cai ♦ Darius Vu commented ·

You can register some acoount for kids and store these account info in parent's InternalData.If you want to update kids' data, you can call server APIs to implement it.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.