question

Brent Batas (Lisk) avatar image
Brent Batas (Lisk) asked

Matchmaking GiveUpAfterSeconds occasionally doesn't work

Our GiveUpAfterSeconds is 900, so as far as I know, we would expect to receive a "Canceled" status when polling GetMatchmakerTicket after 900 seconds.

This usually (used to?) work. However, we have seen some cases (confirmed with logs) where a player sits in matchmaking for 20+ minutes (1200 seconds), which shouldn't be possible based on the GiveUpAfterSeconds of 900.

For example:

We poll every ~7-10 seconds.

I'm confident that our logging, timers, etc. are correct. I'm also confident that we log & handle the Canceled status properly, because I explicitly tested this and haven't changed the code since testing it.

Is this something that can be looked into by PlayFab?

As seen in the log, the ticketId in question is:

9274f341-351e-481f-aa3c-f742ffea3e7a

Matchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Brent Batas (Lisk) avatar image
Brent Batas (Lisk) answered

Update: was able to figure it out. I was mixing up WaitingForPlayers with WaitingForMatch. It looks like it's a tricky edge case in our code where a party member drops out in the middle of queueing, so it mistakenly waits for that party member.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

Glad that you have figured it out. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.