question

Ian Sherman avatar image
Ian Sherman asked

Unity Xbox XBLSDK.PartyXblInitialize returns 0x5000 if Title Id set in PlayfabSharedSettings

I'm having a little trouble working out how to get the Unity Playfab, Party, and Xbox Live Helper library to play together on Xbox. I believe I've got login working using the Xbox Live Helper Library. When I moved on to try to mirror my MPSD session to a Party multiplayer session (via PlayFab.Party.PlayFabMultiplayerManager), I got a warning that I had failed to configure my Title ID in the PlayfabSharedSettings. I had indeed missed that step, but when I configured it properly, XBLSDK.PartyXblInitialize stopped succeeding. Instead it returns error 0x5000, the human readable version of which is "only one instance of PartyXblManager can exist at a time". Are both of these systems performing the same initialization in some way? It doesn't look like I can excise the XBLSDK.PartyXblInitialize call - subsequent calls to the Xbox Live Helper Library don't succeed.

unity3dmultiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

>>It doesn't look like I can excise the XBLSDK.PartyXblInitialize call

No, you can’t if you are using Party Unity SDK and PlayFabMultiplayerManager.

When the target build is Game Core (either PC or consoles), PlayFabMultiplayerManager will be preferred in Unity Party SDK because it already handles the initialization of Party Manager. Any access or operations to Party service should be via PlayFabMultiplayerManager.

If XBOX Live information is required, please refer to GDK samples for login, and use XBOX token to log into PlayFab, then make use of Party SDK in Unity.

For Party related issue, it will also be good to consult in XBOX developer forum.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ian Sherman avatar image Ian Sherman commented ·

In which case I'm extra confused. It was my understanding that the Xbox Live Helper Library (which is exposed to Unity as XBLSDK.PartyXblXXX) is intended to:

(A) handle logging in to PlayFab using an Xbox Live account
(B) manage voice chat in an XR compliant manner

Am I unable to use these features in Unity?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Ian Sherman commented ·

For more details, please consult experts on Xbox developer forum. PlayFab public forum is not supposed to share any technical information about Xbox.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.