question

Hector Labanca avatar image
Hector Labanca asked

Global rate limiting for a test application

Hi,

I am currently writing a C# application to test the behavior of our matchmaking queue with a large number of test accounts.

The application creates test accounts and matches them together with randomized attributes.

I'd like to know the global (as opposed to per-account) maximum rate at which I am allowed to send requests in this context.

I already found a possible answer here, which would be 50 requests per minute. I've been going with this number for now, but it's quite low when I have to send requests for 1000 test accounts, resulting in any run of the application taking several hours.

Is this limit of 50 requests/minute still accurate, or could I go above it in this particular case?

To reiterate, I'm not tallking about the per-api limits visible in the "Limits" section of the Title Settings page. These do not pose a problem for my use case. Rather, my question is about the global rate limit per individual IP, which as far as I can tell is not documented.

Thanks in advance.

apislimitstest
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

The API request rate limit is not based on IP anymore. The current throttling sets request rate limits per calling entity.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

The API limit per IP should be unchanged and is still the same as what Andy has mentioned in the previous thread. If the API calls keep being throttled, I will suggest renting several external Virtual Private Servers and implement the testing process there.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.