question

Daniel avatar image
Daniel asked

How am I supposed to connect more than 100-1k players to the Servers 2.0?

I have been working on a server that handles a lot of players and spread them across the games that are being created on this exact server in runtime.

1. I create server that would work 24\7. Then I limit the max amount of servers to be only 1.

2. Client asking for the server details via Cloud Script.

3. Cloud Script returns RequestMultiplayerServer api response with the server address.

4. After a while this logic does not work anymore, because client receives:

"apiError": {
  "code": 429,
  "status": "TooManyRequests",
  "error": "MultiplayerServerTooManyRequests",
  "errorCode": 1380,
  "errorMessage": "MultiplayerServerTooManyRequests - NoHostsAvailableInRegion - No Hosts available in regions 'NorthEurope', please retry.",
        "errorHash": null,
        "errorDetails": null
}

Using your hardly pushed servers 2.0, how am I supposed to join players to the server?

p.s. No I will neither use backfill requests nor your matchmaker. They are slow and do not fit for our needs.

apisCloudScriptmultiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

As the error message said, “No Hosts available in regions 'NorthEurope'”. For the clarification, the region in the request body of RequestMultiplayerServer should be the same as the region you set in the server build configuration. Please check if it is configured correctly. Besides, according to your description, you set the max account of the server to be one. One server instance only corresponds to one SessionID, you need to make sure you fill the same SessionID in your every request to let it request info of the same server.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Daniel avatar image Daniel commented ·

Thank you for the quick reply, Sarah. I thought SessionID is meant to represent the player game session on the server. Is this correct?

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Daniel commented ·

SessionID is the server instance's Id, it is the Id you assign to the server session.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.