question

Joshua Strunk avatar image
Joshua Strunk asked

What happens when a client calls ClientAPI.Matchmake then does not connect to a returned server?

I have always assumed when the PlayFab matchmaker matches a user into a game server it reserves a slot for them, but what happens if that user never connects? I am having trouble finding information on how the matchmaker would reclaim that "leaked" slot, other than by our servers manually canceling the game.

apisCustom Game ServersMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Correct - a slot is reserved. If that server doesn't redeem the matchmaker ticket for that user within two minutes, the matchmaker removes that reservation.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Heartman avatar image
Heartman answered

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I would like to know if this timeout ( 2 minutes ) be configured somewhere?

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.