question

Phil Woods avatar image
Phil Woods asked

Unreal 4 Marketplace Plugin missing SetTitleId

We are trying to upgrade to the latest PlayFab plugin (https://github.com/PlayFab/UnrealMarketplacePlugin) but we have found some functions are missing.

The previous version we were using was 1.45.200901 and now we are trying to use version 1.52.210111.

The functions that we were using, which are no longer present, in the API are: UPlayFabClientAPI::SetTitleId, UPlayFabAuthenticationAPI::SetTitleId, UPlayFabAuthenticationAPI::SetDevSecretKey. The sameple code is still using the SetTitleId function: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/sdks/unreal/quickstart.

Any advice on how to fix up our code? Do we need to update the requests to include the TitleID and DevSecretKey?

unreal
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Saad Anees avatar image Saad Anees commented ·

Please update your docs. I still cant figure out out to resolve this issue. I am still getting error: 'SetTitleId': is not a member of 'PlayFab::UPlayFabClientAPI'. I followed your tutorial and it has this code. What should I replace it with?

Please update your docs accordingly. You have weekly update for SDK api changes but you dont update your docs. I cant get my project working for simple Login. Always gives me error 'SetTitleId': is not a member of 'PlayFab::UPlayFabClientAPI'

2 Likes 2 ·

1 Answer

·
Phil Woods avatar image
Phil Woods answered

I think the correct procedure now is to include the title ID and developer secret key in the DefaultEngine.ini like as follows:

[/Script/PlayFabCommon.PlayFabRuntimeSettings]
TitleId=XX123
DeveloperSecretKey=ASecretKeyThatNeedsRemovingOnClientBuilds

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang commented ·

Yes, these values would be saved in DefaultEngine.ini, you can also define them in the setPlayFabSettings Blueprint, or navigate to [Edit] -> [Project Settings] -> [Plugins] -> [PlayFab] to set them in the Editor. Please check this Upgrade Guide for more information about how to set them via C++ code.

1 Like 1 ·
dylan-1 avatar image dylan-1 commented ·

When automation spec testing, it seems that this is not read? I get "must set dev key", but the key is already set as above.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.