question

dragonfoundry avatar image
dragonfoundry asked

GetFriendsList not returning Steam friends

I'm calling GetFriendsList:

• with IncludeSteamFriends as null (so defaults to true), (also tested with IncludeSteamFriends = true)
  • on an account that has steam linked, and that is Steam friends with another PlayFab user who also has Steam linked for that game
  • Those two accounts are not PlayFab friends.

I'm not seeing that user in the returned friends list. Is there something I'm missing?

Friends
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dragonfoundry avatar image dragonfoundry commented ·

got further on this - I'm seeing the friend now, but I'm seeing SteamInfo being reported as null for that user.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

What we do in the call to GetFriendsList (assuming IncludeSteamFriends is true - which, yes, is the default) is to query via Steam's REST API for any users who have the "friend" relationship with the given SteamID. Unfortunately, we can't debug the situation where they're not returning any friends. However, the SteamInfo being null is odd. What are the PlayFab IDs of the users?

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Brendan:

User: 9A7AE96546CEE8C4

Steam friends: CD464DFD25B57BE8 & C846791A2FB6EDCF

0 Likes 0 ·

(actually just the second one is a steam friend...)

0 Likes 0 ·

Both 9A7AE96546CEE8C4 and C846791A2FB6EDCF show up as having Steam linked in the Game Manager.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan dragonfoundry commented ·

Thanks - that helped to identify an issue preventing the Steam IDs from being returned. I've checked in an update, so that should be fixed as of our next deployment (likely not until early next week).

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.