question

Martin K avatar image
Martin K asked

Bug in PlayFabQosApi?

Upon updating the PlayFab SDK from 1.70.200421 to 1.72.200518 (or any later versions) the following code stopped working:

PlayFabQosApi qosApi = new PlayFabQosApi(PlayFabSettings.staticSettings, _AuthenticationContext); 
QosResult qosResult = await qosApi.GetQosResultAsync(250, degreeOfParallelism: 4, pingsPerRegion: 10); 

- it returns the error: "Failed to get server list from PlayFab multiplayer servers"

I attached some screenshots of my debug sessions. It seems like an issue with creating the PlayFabQosApi instance, as the newer version has a _dataCenterMap with a Count of 0 instead of 15.

Can someone please investigate?

sdksAuthenticationmultiplayer
qosbug1.png (87.1 KiB)
qosbug2.png (92.3 KiB)
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

May I ask which Platform and SDK you are using? Which NuGet package you are using?

0 Likes 0 ·
Martin K avatar image Martin K Seth Du ♦ commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

After digging into the source code, which can be found on Comparing 1.70.200421...1.72.200518 PlayFab/CSharpSDK (github.com), the difference is the replacement of deprecated API, meanwhile the behavior and response properties of them are the same.

I think the count 0 of _dataCenterMap is caused by the failed callback in the above. It is not the root cause. PlayFabQosApi.GetQosResultAync simply uses API ListQosServersForTitle to get the data. And the capacity of _dataCenterMap is the count of returned QosServers property.

My suggesting is to check the PlayFabSettings and Authentication context, and make sure they are correct. Then call ListQosServersForTitle API on external tools (Postman) or directly add it in your code to check the callbakc ressult.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.