question

Chiran Janitha Ranathnga avatar image
Chiran Janitha Ranathnga asked

Leaderboard reset

I want to reset leaderboard in custom time, I'm going to use "IncrementPlayerStatisticVersion" api to do that since it is admin api can't I use cloud script to execute this function weekly or Do I need to execute this api using third party service ( like firebase cloud script)

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

In the common scenario we recommend configuring “Reset frequency” as “Weekly” since you need to rest the leaderboard weekly, there is no need for extra efforts.

However, if your requirement is to reset the leaderboard at a specific day every week, the suggestion is to create Azure Function and implement a Scheduled Task in your Game Manager. Admin API can be defined and used in Azure Function and in the Scheduled Task configuration page, you may select “Run Cloud Script Azure Function once” as the “Type of task”.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.