question

Leo avatar image
Leo asked

Separate developer, testers and production players?,Remove custom event?

How do I separate developers, testers and production players in PlayFab? Right know I have a tag set on each player indicating their role. In the Dashboards where active player information and such is displayed it does not seem to be a away to from me to filter out players depending on the tag.
How am I supposed to differentiate players depending on their role so I can isolate and see the production player data?

I added a custom event: item_appear. Then i renamed it to `item_shown`. It was mentioned somewhere that playfab doesn't allow deletion of custom events - but is that true? What can I do to remove the old events?
Note this is not in production yet and I was looking from a simple name change

datatest
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Ideally, you should set up different titles for each group of players. I noticed that you're using tags to differentiate players, indeed, that could help you filter players. In the "Players" tab, you can search for players with a tag, for instance, if production players' accounts are tagged as "production", you can search for them using the following query statement and therefore check their player data:

tags: "production"

And, currently there is no way to delete events, however, by default, Event Data has a retention of 30 days, they'll be moved after 30 days automatically. You can use the new event from now on.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.