question

Rafael Celestino da Costa avatar image
Rafael Celestino da Costa asked

Servers 2.0 - How to open a port to both TCP and UDP

Just a single question, how to open a port to TCP and UDP in the Servers 2.0. I use DarkRift2 for Network, and this "engine" uses one port with these two protocols.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image
brandon@uprootstudios.com answered

If you're using the GameManager to add server builds, you can configure whatever ports you need and add more as needed.

https://i.imgur.com/2oWwhe0.png

If you're using custom containers, you can configure/add whatever ports you need through the API.

https://i.imgur.com/HuQQdx4.png

13 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rafael Celestino da Costa avatar image Rafael Celestino da Costa commented ·

I need to open the same port to both TCP and UDP, not different ports.

0 Likes 0 ·
brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image brandon@uprootstudios.com Rafael Celestino da Costa commented ·

What happens if you put in the same number for both?

0 Likes 0 ·
Rafael Celestino da Costa avatar image Rafael Celestino da Costa commented ·

Error Message:

• Please remove duplicate port numbers.
0 Likes 0 ·
brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image brandon@uprootstudios.com Rafael Celestino da Costa commented ·

Hmmm... so while apparently it's a bug that the GameManager doesn't allow you to do this, you can accomplish this by creating the build with the Multiplayer API (see my second photo above). That will create a new build with whatever ports you add, even if they are the same. (See here: https://i.imgur.com/NBFon8L.png)

0 Likes 0 ·
Rafael Celestino da Costa avatar image Rafael Celestino da Costa brandon@uprootstudios.com commented ·

Nice, Brandon, i will try it and let you know about it.

1 Like 1 ·
projecthyperdrive avatar image projecthyperdrive commented ·

Hi, I am having the same issue (Also using Darkrift). Is there a more recent fix for this or is a custom container still the only way to use the same port for TCP/UDP?

0 Likes 0 ·
brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image brandon@uprootstudios.com projecthyperdrive commented ·

You can likely use the CreateBuildWithManagedContainer to do what GameManager does but pass in two identical ports. This will spare you using a Linux container, but you'll have to do most of the work manually.

0 Likes 0 ·
projecthyperdrive avatar image projecthyperdrive brandon@uprootstudios.com commented ·

Hi @Brandon Phillips, I have attempted to manually create the build however I get the same issue through using CreateBuildWithManagedContainer: Error: Two or more ports specified have the same name. Duplicate names are not allowed in port configuration. Any suggestions on what to do here?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Ilya Meparishvili avatar image
Ilya Meparishvili answered

@projecthyperdrive

Hello there, I also use DarkRift2 and have problem like you, DarkRift2 uses same port for tcp and udp, have you any solution about it?

Thanks

10 |1200

inacomic avatar image
inacomic answered

Any updates on this? Thanks

2 comments
10 |1200

Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios avatar image Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios commented ·

unfortunately no, this cannot be done because of the way Azure Load Balancer works. Doesn't your networking library allow to configure separate port for TCP and UDP?

0 Likes 0 ·
inacomic avatar image inacomic Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios commented ·

Hi, using DarkRift 2....I'll have to look into it

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.