question

Preston Phillips avatar image
Preston Phillips asked

Unity plugin supporting multiple sessions at once (and multiple users)?

Hi,
I am looking into setting up playfab on xbox and am wondering if the default unity plugin supports being in multiple sessions at once? The current system uses 2 sessions to manage those in a group party and then a second that links all those playing on a server.

I am also wondering if it supports having multiple accounts logged in on a machine as our game supports this and is needed on xbox?

Preston

unity3dsupport
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

If you mean the general PlayFab RESTful API service, then yes, it is supported. To access the PlayFab service, at least a session ticket or an entity token is required. PlayFab has implemented InstanceAPI class in many SDKs. For example, PlayFabClientInstanceAPI, which can read self-initialized login identities.

You may initialize one instance API for each player, which requires PlayFabSettings and PlayFabAuthenticationContext as initialization parameters. PlayFabSettings contains static settings, including Title ID and PlayFabAuthenticationContext includes the session ticket/entity token, etc. from a successful login. You are also able to maintain different players in different titles.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Preston Phillips avatar image Preston Phillips commented ·

Cool thank you. I was looking through the PlayfabParty plugin calls. Will look in the root PlayFab namespace.

0 Likes 0 ·
Preston Phillips avatar image Preston Phillips commented ·

Are these Playfab sessions like the old XDK Multiplayer Manager (MPM) sessions?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Preston Phillips commented ·

In terms of XDK, GDK and Party related question, you may find dedicated help from Xbox support forum.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.