question

Pat avatar image
Pat asked

Character Statistics

When I call UpdateCharacterStatisticsRequest is that part of the Player Statistics that is being limited for a free user? I am trying to figure out where is the best place to store the statistics for how the character looks. I am using UMA in Unity and they have 47 different stats on how the character would look (ex height, arm length, hand size etc.) I could turn them all into one string and store that since the values are a percent in decimal form. Any advice would be greatly apprecatited.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We're in the process of evaluating the limits so that we can provide to provide specifics on things like Character statistics. For now, please assume that character statistics do count towards the player statistics total. However, statistics are used for when you want a leaderboard, to be able to compare players to each other, or show off what position people are in. It sounds like what you really want to do is to just store a configuration for the character, for which Character Data or User Data would be the better storage mechanism - storing all the pieces of information about that configuration as a single Value (a stringified JSON object).

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.