question

agdragan avatar image
agdragan asked

Client_focus_change

Hello,
I have a question regarding the "client_Focus_change" event.

I pulled out some data and I noticed that the EntityType is associated only with "title_player_account". Why the "EntityType: player" is missing from this event? Is there any way we can introduce this value within the EntityType?

If not, is it possible to implement a new parameter called "player_id" within "client_focus_change" event? How?

Thank you!

Title Dataentitiesdata
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

There is no Entity Type named “Player”. Please check the all types on Available Built-In Entity Types - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs. I believe what you have mentioned about “player” is a terminology in classic data model, meanwhile “client_focus_change” is generated by entity API. You may learn more about Entity data model from Entities quickstart - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs.

Client focus tracking is a feature, which is only implemented on Unity SDK, If you dig into the source code of SDK, the event is generate by WriteEvents API call, you are able to modify the source code to add additional information, or directly call the API.

Please understand that both classic data model and entity model can be used in your projects and feel free to tell us if you have any other questions.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.