question

Aphix avatar image
Aphix asked

Is there a way to make friends universal?

I am making a series of multiplayer games and because of this, I would like a player's friends to be shared across all games. To do this, would I attach all the games with the same project? Would this require me to make an external account system?

Account ManagementFriends
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

You want players from different titles to share the same friend list, is that correct? In that case, it’s not supported. And, what do you mean by attaching all the games with the same project? Do you mean hosting all your games in the same title? In that case, it’s not recommended either since it’d be hard for you to tell which game a current player comes from (an external account system won’t be a big help here) & organize all your games. Therefore, I’d suggest that you use separate titles for each game, and, as a workaround for your case, you can save the player’s friend list in their User Publisher data, which is bound to a PlayFab user (master player account ) and it spans through all titles in your studio, for more details, please check out this section: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/data/titledata/using-publisher-data#user-publisher-data

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Aphix avatar image Aphix commented ·

@Citrus Yan Gotcha, I wasn't sure what to search up. Thank you so much! It makes sense that there would be publisher data persistence.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.