question

Shanathan Hanson avatar image
Shanathan Hanson asked

Getting Invalid Steam Ticket error with LoginWithSteam()

Hi not sure what is going wrong here. I was able to create an account for my Title using LoginWithSteam with CreateAccount = true like a week or so ago, but I then deleted the account so that I could test my UI functionality with Creating a new account and now I get the Invalid Steam Ticket error.

Account Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Shanathan Hanson answered

I finally got things to work! I had an issue with the "new" steam network sockets plugin from epic games. I switched it back to the old steam net sockets and it works great! I am not sure if it will suffice when upgrading my steam sdk tho. But that is not really a topic for this forum.
Thanks for all the attempted help.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

PlayFab will simply use Steam ticket to authenticate with Valve, and for most of the time, invalid error is returned from Valve server. You may also refer to this thread: https://community.playfab.com/questions/45865/linksteamaccount-error-101.html to troubleshoot this issue. Also, I am not sure if you have converted the session ticket into a string of hexadecimal numbers, you may find Brendan’s answer in: https://community.playfab.com/questions/240/205846468-How-do-I-convert-the-Steam-Session-Ticket-for-sign-in-with-PlayFab-.html.

10 |1200

Shanathan Hanson answered

yes, I have checked other posts for a solution. I seen Brendan's post on converting it. However it is already a hexadecimal number. AND as I said before, everything was working fine a week ago. Idk what has changed in the last week but something somewhere is different. I cant figure out what it is. I seen a similar post to mine, as mine does gets error code 1010 but in the error message it says error 102 where Brendan asked to be added as an admin to someone's steamworks so he could make sure of something in user permissions then later said he messaged steamteam to get the error fixed. I'm wondering what he requested to be fixed tho. I feel as if I got the same thing going on with me

1 comment
10 |1200

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Will you try to deactivate the Steam settings on PlayFab Add-ons page and re-install it?

In addition, it will be appreciated if you can share the complete failure callback result with us and it also will be helpful for us to have the thread you are referring to that contains Brendan's answer.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.