question

Giovanni Frigo avatar image
Giovanni Frigo asked

Viewing the CloudScript error details in the GameManager

Hello!

I'm seeing a couple of Cloud Script execution time errors popping up in the game manager (looking at them in the /automation/cloud-script/overview page).

Is there any way I could get the details of the errors from Cloud Script executed by the client?

Knowing that it is a "CloudScriptAPIRequestError" (the only info I get from the graphs on those page) is not really helpful.

When I execute a Cloud Script function from a the "Cloud Script" tab on a Player page, I get back all the details of the execution, including the error details.

Is there any way to see the same details for functions executed by the client, which returned an error? Or is the client alone the only one that will receive those details?

Thanks!

CloudScriptgame manager
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Firstly, make sure that “GeneratePlayStreamEvent” is set to “true” when calling ExecuteCloudScript, then go to [Game Manager] -> [Title Overview] -> [PlayStream Monitor] and observe incoming events. When a CloudScript function gets executed, a player_executed_cloudscript event containing all the details will come in, click the small blue info icon on the top right corner of the event and you will see the raw JSON of the event:

This helps you debugging CloudScript in real time.

1.png (9.8 KiB)
3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Giovanni Frigo avatar image Giovanni Frigo commented ·

Thanks for your reply!

I have a couple of follow-up questions, if you can help me out further:

By doing what you suggest, will the error be only visible in the PlayStream Monitor or can it be retrieved at a later time?

Since this error is kind of rare compared to the whole stream of events we get from the game, is there any way to filter out only events throwing errors, or by function name?

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Giovanni Frigo commented ·

Sure, you can find them later in Event History:

And use this query string to look for a specific function that failed:

where FullName_Name == 'player_executed_cloudscript' |where EventData.FunctionName == 'your_function_name'  | where isnotnull(EventData.CloudScriptExecutionResult.Error)
1 Like 1 ·
1.png (38.2 KiB)
Giovanni Frigo avatar image Giovanni Frigo Citrus Yan commented ·

Great, thanks! That's exactly what I needed.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.