question

Rez avatar image
Rez asked

PlayFab dashboard's text has became invisible

Recently some dashboard UI's text has gone missing, notably the one's in blue.

It was fine before, but recently I can't see the text that was visible anymore

Bug :

Expected Outcome :

CloudScriptPlayStream
bug.png (16.1 KiB)
expected.png (217.9 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Thanks for sharing. It seems this issue is from "font rendering", not from "font downloading". You can still try to change the webpage's font to fix the display issue. Besides, we noticed that you have posted a new thread for this question, we will reply you in this thread -- https://community.playfab.com/questions/45062/broken-buttons-on-chrome-and-ie-11.html.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Could you please check if you recently have modified the CloudScript revision? If you remove some functions in the CloudScript revision, the corresponding function’s option will disappear in the PlayFab Action tab too. If you need the using this CloudScript function in the Action tab, you need to confirm this function is contained in the current deployed CloudScript revision.

If you confirm this function is in the current deployed CloudScript revision, but you can’t find it in the Action tab, please provide your TitleID, so we can try to check it.

8 comments
10 |1200

Rez avatar image Rez commented ·

Hi, I deployed revision 1 and the texts are still missing, these missing text are present in almost every page that uses it

TitleID = 21952

Deployed Revision 1, Missing text found on cloudscript revision page :

Missing text found on player's linked account page :

0 Likes 0 ·
missing-text.png (7.5 KiB)
invis.png (8.5 KiB)
Rez avatar image Rez Rez commented ·

Expected outcome :

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Rez commented ·

It seems I misunderstood your question. I mistakenly thought that you mean you lost a specific CloudScript function. Apologies for the confusion.
We have checked your title’s Game Manager. It can display the UI text normally. This issue may be caused by the browser or other local reasons. Could you please try to change the browser to browse PlayFab Game Manager, such as Chrome?

0 Likes 0 ·
Rez avatar image Rez Sarah Zhang commented ·

Hi, thank you for your response

I am encountering this issue on the latest version of Google Chrome

Hope these information helps

I tried navigating the playfab dashboard within incognito mode as well, where all cookies are disabled, same result

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Rez avatar image Rez commented ·

Hi, I'm having the same problem on an entirely different browser, this time it's the tor browser, can you link to a step by step on how to do the F12 into CSS change like you mentioned? A Chrome extension that guarantees to work is good as well, had no luck with Fonts Changer

tor.png

0 Likes 0 ·
tor.png (8.2 KiB)
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Rez commented ·

For example, you can disable the button's font like this.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Sarah Zhang commented ·

Besides, you can try to check the font downloading status like this.

0 Likes 0 ·
ibiz avatar image
ibiz answered

Добрый день, я испытываю ту же проблему

1 comment
10 |1200

Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang commented ·

Could you please try to check the font downloading status as the above comment said?

0 Likes 0 ·
Unnamed Studio avatar image
Unnamed Studio answered

Same here. Status 200

10 |1200

Diyan Iliev avatar image
Diyan Iliev answered

Hi,

I'm having the same problem with every browser, even newly installed ones on 2 different computers with Windows 8.1

It's not related to an account because it happens on the login page as well.

As you can see in the screenshot, all other fonts have status 200, only Bahnschrift (which is the only problematic one) has a status of 304 and a size of only 73 bytes!!! I can see the same thing on the screenshot posted above by Unnamed Studio.

It's not a rendering issue, this size is impossible for a font file.

As others have pointed font replacement addons don't work for some reason.

I found that if I right-click on the font and block the url like this:

and refresh, then all the missing text appears. But this is only for this tab and only while the developer tools are open so it's not a solution.

font-problem.png (40.6 KiB)
block-request.png (19.4 KiB)
10 |1200

sebastien-barris avatar image
sebastien-barris answered

Hello everyone, for the empty button label issue, you can try the temporary solution I have posted in this other thread, it works for me in Chrome (and you can also apply the text swapping only on the "button" selector in the extension settings): https://community.playfab.com/questions/45062/broken-buttons-on-chrome-and-ie-11.html

10 |1200

Alaa Adel avatar image
Alaa Adel answered

I am getting this bug as well.

I can replace the font in FF dev tools, or I can pick the text and see its value in the dev window.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.