question

James McGhee avatar image
James McGhee asked

Asset with Id xxxxx.zip is not found

When setting up a new build we offten get an error

Asset with Id xxxxx.zip is not found

the file is uploaded, we can offten refresh the page, apply the exsact same settings and all works fine. however at the moment we cant get it to take any build much less one using a new uploaded zip.

Sidenote ... where can we view the 'assets' so we can clear out the old ones

For note:

We have tested this with 3 different zips, all show in the drop down, all report "file exists" when we try to re-upload all give the error "Asset with id XXXX.zip not found"

Another note ... when you drag and drop a zip it doesn't update the drop down, you have to refresh the page then you can select it ... some very buggy behaviour on the New Build form

apismultiplayer
4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Will you call ListAssetSummaries API to check the assets? This will help us narrow down this issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
James McGhee avatar image James McGhee Seth Du ♦ commented ·
{
    "code": 200,
    "status": "OK",
    "data": {
        "AssetSummaries": [
            {
                "FileName": "alpha-1.zip",
                "Metadata": {}
            },
            {
                "FileName": "alpha-3.zip",
            },
            {
                "FileName": "alpha-4.zip",
            },
            {
                "FileName": "alpha-5.zip",
            },
            {
                "FileName": "alpha-6.zip",
            },
            {
                "FileName": "alpha-7.zip",
            },
            {
                "FileName": "heathen-engineering-interpret-studio-windows-server-64-bit-14.zip",
            },
            {
                "FileName": "server.zip",
            }
        ],
        "PageSize": 8
    }
}

0 Likes 0 ·

For nte Alpha-5, 6 and 7 none work all throw that error ... all the others (which are older) work

PS ... we really need these features in the dashboard, Postman is an okay work around but this sort of thing really should be available at the click of a button in the app we use to manage the rest of PlayFab

0 Likes 0 ·

Still getting the error

MultiplayerServerBadRequest - MultiplayerServerBadRequest - ValidationError - Asset with Id alpha-7.zip is not found:

This has brought us to a stop cant find any way around it

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Usually this is caused by the asset not being uploaded successfully. If necessary, you may provide us with your upload reproduction steps.

I am not sure of “dashboard” you have mentioned in the comments, but PlayFab Game Manager is able to upload asset via web page. Please navigate to [Game Manager] -> [Multiplayer] -> [Servers] -> [new build] -> [ASSETS (.ZIP)] -> [Upload]

Please also try to call DeleteAsset API to delete the broken assets.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

James McGhee avatar image James McGhee commented ·

https://developer.playfab.com/en-US/r/t/<ID>/multiplayer/server/builds/new

That is what I refering to as the dashboard eg your web app

We have tried uploading several times, alpha-4 through alpha-7 are the same code all rebuilt multiple times and re-uploaded multiple times.

The steps are simple enough

1) navigate to the URL noted above whcih is the path you noted above

2) drag and drop the file
note we have also tried clicking the upload button and using the browser for file method

3) populate the rest of the form and hit save

see error

So I just removed all the offending zips and reuploaded from scratch

• MultiplayerServerBadRequest - MultiplayerServerBadRequest - ValidationError - Asset with Id alpha-8.zip is not found:

that is the error it gave, that is a fresh download of the build from Unity build, the build does work localy.

Just to be sure its not the zip I duplicated alpha-3 (whcih has worked before) and reuploaded it as alpha-3-Copy

• MultiplayerServerBadRequest - MultiplayerServerBadRequest - ValidationError - Asset with Id alpha-3-Copy.zip is not found:

And to insure I am not insaine and that alpha 3 works after the failer I changed it to the original alpha-3 hit save it worked

0 Likes 0 ·
James McGhee avatar image
James McGhee answered

PS

when you upload a zip it doesn't show up in the drop down, you have to refresh the page and then it will show in the drop down.

the issue here is your page is not re-quering the list after an upload, I have tested this is the case on Google chrome and MS Edge. The issue is easy to work around buit thought I would point it out.

Another issue with your site is on this reply form, it actually cant take the full 1200 characters it says it can it will not save any string longer than 1198 even though it says you have 0 char left you need to delete 2 to get it to save

2 comments
10 |1200

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

I believe there can be issues during the step 2 and step 3.

After you upload the asset, you shouldn't refresh the page, which will terminate the upload process. Because currently PlayFab Game Manager doesn't provide a widget, which can monitor the upload progress visually, you may wait until the Asset package turns from "select..." to your name of asset automatically.

You may also check the upload process in the developer tools of the browser.

0 Likes 0 ·

Will give it a try, we started refreshing as in the past it just never showed up we assumed it failed so we would try to upload again and it would say file already exists so perhaps those old tests where simply lucky enough that by the time we refreshed and tried again it had uploaded

Edit ... that did work ... than you

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.