question

doronhn avatar image
doronhn asked

CustomData:EntityUpdatesPer5Minutes - why? and best practice

Hey,

i am using entities to save data about a player progress in my game.

so every time he pass \ failed a level i update the entities.

after i launch the game today, i got in play-stream a lot of -

CustomData:EntityUpdatesPer5Minutes erros.

1. how do i change this limit?

2. what is the best practice in this situations?

thanks

Player Dataentitiesgame manager
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

That limit (50 per 5 minutes) is the limit on the number of times the same profile can be updated in the time period. Put another way, the title is attempting to update a single entity in the game with higher frequency than is allowed. This isn't a limit that can be increased, outside an Enterprise model where you have a complete instance of PlayFab running exclusively for your titles. It's there to protect the performance of the service overall.

I should also point out that the behavior described is going to generate high costs (presumably the API calls in question are hitting the Profile Write meter: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/pricing/meters/profile-writes), which we would prefer to help you avoid.

We have a best practices guide here (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/pricing/consumption-best-practices) that has advice on ways to cut back on the frequency of updates. But if you have a specific gameplay experience and want to get advice on possible approaches, feel free to describe what the player experience is like for your title, and we can give you some suggestions.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

doronhn avatar image doronhn commented ·

i didnt found a single word on "entities". what am i missing?

i dont think my game is unique, i save all the play level data in entities as JSON.

and gets entities and sets every play he made.

in my game "play" can be over after 10 seconds.

thats the problem

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.