question

James McGhee avatar image
James McGhee asked

Working with Entity Data on the server

Testing GSDK, Multiplayer, etc. we have ran into an issue where we need the server to read and write to an Entity Object and Entity File assoceated with a specific Entity Group.

We have the group ID and when testing the basic idea client side all works well, when we try the same in a server build we get an error "Must be logged in to call this method" any time we try to work with PlayFabDataAPI.GetObjects or GetFiles

I didn't see any equivlent method in PlayFabServerAPI and was under the impression that the server would logged via its secret. Am I simply missing a step?

I haven't found any explicent examples / documentaiton discribing in detail the process of making API calls via the Unity integration from a server. I have looked as the Mirror examples and similar at a glance but didn't see anything related to our use case.

Put simply what are the steps to read and write entity objects and files from a server as the server.

unity3dentitiesmultiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
James McGhee avatar image
James McGhee answered

Think I found my owner answer here

https://community.playfab.com/questions/26821/entity-token-for-title.html

In short

PlayFabAuthenticationAPI.GetEntityToken(new GetEntityTokenRequest(),
                ready =>
                {
                    //Got it
                },
                error =>
                {
                    //Issue
                });

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.