question

doronhn avatar image
doronhn asked

How can i export files data for all users?

Hey,

for every user in my title i save a file with JSON data inside.

is there any way to export this data for all users in my title?

this data contains all the information for the user, what levels he pass, how much gold he gain each level and etc.

i want to create a dashboard from this data, to understand how to improve my game.

thanks

Player DataTitle Datadata
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

You can navigate to this documentation -- PlayFab GDPR - Deleting and exporting player data to check the tutorial of exporting PlayFab Master Player account data. Besides, PlayFab also provides some built-in analytics tools for data analytics, most of them are targeted to the analytics of events history. For more details about PlayFab Analytics, please check Azure PlayFab Analytics documentation.

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

doronhn avatar image doronhn commented ·

thanks!

1. i will check the GDPR link you sent.

2. for the analytics tool that playfab has - few questions:

a. is it free?
b. can i analyze custom data over there? or its only basic data such as game start and etc?
c. is there any video for that?

thanks alot

0 Likes 0 ·
doronhn avatar image doronhn commented ·

Hey,

I read both links you sen me.

Both of them dosent do what i need.

The Gdpr export one player data, i need them all,in addition i dont have a json response the report will be sent as email.

The analytics is not for custom events.

All i want is to get the json string i save on each player.

So the result will be player Id, json string x number of players.

You think i can do this via cloud script?

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang doronhn commented ·

Technically, you can use the Admin API GetUserData to get the player's data in batches. But we more suggest using events for analysis. If the analysis of the custom events can meet your requirements. You can consider using Explorer to analyze the custom events.

You can check this thread for the other suggestions.

https://community.playfab.com/questions/10532/export-player-data.html

https://community.playfab.com/questions/39950/is-there-a-better-way-to-view-player-data-or-stati.html

0 Likes 0 ·
doronhn avatar image doronhn Sarah Zhang commented ·

First of all thanks. i am currently not using statistics or play stream maybe i should, but meanwhile what is the best way to get user files?

I saw that in order to call - GetFilesRequest , i need to get the EntityToken, and for the Token i need to "Login" (Call - LoginWithAndroidDeviceID).

is there any way?

currently my logic is (going to be executed every day):

1. create segment for last 24 hours login users.

2. for each one of the players in the segment -> "login" (Call - LoginWithAndroidDeviceID) to get the token and then call GetFilesRequest

3. extract all the data i need from the JSON, save it in my DB.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
doronhn avatar image
doronhn answered

cant edit to comment -
i am getting to use posman after added the secret key header. i am getting this error -

The claim was not allowed to perform the requested action based on the entity's access policy. Policy comment: By default, all requests are denied. If you expected this request to succeed, you may be missing a policy. See the permissions APIs in PlayFab's Admin Api to add a permission

1 comment
10 |1200

Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang commented ·

We tested this API, it works fine. Is your title's Entity Policy default? And have you used the title's entity token for GetFiles request? You can check this documentation -- https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/sdks/postman/postman-quickstart to set the EntityToken to the environment variable.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.