question

Chuck Mersereau avatar image
Chuck Mersereau asked

CloudScript revisions created from non-master branches on GitHub,CloudScript adds new revisions from GitHub branches that aren't master

I have linked my CloudScript revisions to a GitHub repository as this is the way my company would prefer to maintain our scripts. The docs and forums seem to make it clear that new revisions should only be made when changes are made to the "master" branch of the repository. I created a second branch called "develop" to test this and found that a revision was made even when pushing commits to "develop" and not "master". Can someone help me understand if this is a bug or I'm doing something incorrect? All I did was click the add-on for GitHub and set the repository name. If PlayFab is going to make revisions for every commit we make to non-master branches, then we're going to end up with a bloated list of revisions with scripts we never plan on using.

Reading through docs and forum questions it seems that CloudScript revisions are only supposed to be made when changes are made to the "master" branch of the GitHub repository linked to the PlayFab title. I created a second branch called "develop" in my repository to test this and found that a revision was still made when pushing only to the "develop" branch. Can someone help me understand why that is? I think my company would prefer to create our revisions through GitHub, but if revisions are going to be made for every commit we make to non-master branches then our revision list is going to get bogged down with scripts we never plan on using.

CloudScript
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Chuck Mersereau avatar image Chuck Mersereau commented ·

I had an error submitting this question the first time, so I went back and tried making a second post. Somehow it concatenated the titles and the bodies from both posts and I can't see a way to edit the post and change it. So if this looks confusing, that is why.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

It's a known issue, as discussed in this thread:

https://community.playfab.com/questions/43072/cloudscript-master-branch.html

We've reported this to the engineer team for a fix, currently there is no ETA for this, sorry for the inconvenience.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Chuck Mersereau avatar image Chuck Mersereau commented ·

Is there a way for me to edit the question? So that other uses that look up this topic don't get confused by it?

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Chuck Mersereau commented ·

You can click the "gear" button on the left side of the Question and select "Edit" to edit your question:

If you cannot access it, please specify how you want the question edited and we can do that for you.

0 Likes 0 ·
1.png (15.1 KiB)
Chuck Mersereau avatar image Chuck Mersereau Citrus Yan commented ·

When I click the gear icon, all I get is an the option "See revisions".

Please remove the comma and any text that comes after it in the title. Also the comma and second paragraph from the body. That is all the concatenated text from my first failed post.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.