question

franciscoraposo avatar image
franciscoraposo asked

Allow banned players to perform Client API calls

Hi!

I have a game where I want to use the player ban system but only for online multiplayer modes, so I'm checking them manually in CloudScript. All players should be allowed to play singleplayer, but they need to perform calls to PlayFab's Client API as well.

Is there any way to configure the permissions for banned players, to allow them the same access to the Client API as unbanned players? Or will I have to resort to a different way of banning them, like adding an entry in the player's Internal Title Data?

Player Dataapissdks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Currently, PlayFab doesn’t support configuring the API accessing permission for banned players. The 2nd solution is feasible. If you use this solution, you may need to avoid using Client API to update data in multiplayer mode, so that only players who pass the CloudScript’s verification can trigger the calling of Server API.

Besides, if this feature that configuring API accessing permission for banned players is necessary for you, you can try to add a feature request for it.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

franciscoraposo avatar image franciscoraposo commented ·

Thank you for the answer! I'm already blocking access to most of the Client API endpoints for regular users, therefore banned users would not be able to do much as well.

I will add the feature request as you suggest, since the ban system does provide more detail on bans than having an entry field in the player's internal data

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.