question

Claudio Grassi avatar image
Claudio Grassi asked

Is it safe for me to store a user's PlayFabID locally?

I was wondering just that. I have a game Im building, and Im using some google forms for feedback and support questions. I would like to include the User's playfabID in the form(silently) so I see it on my end, but to do so I have to store the variable locally. is this a safe practice?

support
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

PlayFabId is just a identifier for a specific player, which is not considered as a very sensitive info. Even if the players somehow manage to retrieve it, they cannot use it to do anything harmful to your game, ergo you are safe to store it locally.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Claudio Grassi avatar image Claudio Grassi commented ·

thanks for your response. I ended up passing all the required info through cloudscript including the currentplayer ID. One thing that eludes me still is how to retrieve a user's login email through a server call in cloudscript directly. as of now Im storing the login email in playerprefs but since I want to use it as a way of responding to support questions I feel I should be getting it directly from the user's account. any tips?

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Claudio Grassi commented ·
1 Like 1 ·
Claudio Grassi avatar image Claudio Grassi Citrus Yan commented ·

thanks again. Ill give it a shot!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.