question

Joe Hopkins avatar image
Joe Hopkins asked

Wrong country being reported.

Frequently I get complaints that the flag next to their name is incorrect. I show the flag based on the country code reported by playfab. How is the country determined and how do we fix the corrections?

unity3dAccount ManagementLeaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Do you mean the Location reported from the player_logged_in PlayStream Event? This location sometimes can be inaccurate because usually it is calculated by the IP address, meanwhile the IP address can be redirected or relayed by agent servers.

Since the country configuration for a player won’t change frequently, you may store in this player’s profile, for example Player Data, Objects.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Joe Hopkins avatar image Joe Hopkins commented ·

Is there a way to fix the location in their profile? Or update it manually based on their preference?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Joe Hopkins commented ·

PlayFab won't store the region information by default. The country information can be only reviewed in PlayStream Events, which can be dynamically changed via IP address. What I have mentioned is manually store a KVP in Player Data or Obejcts.

I think country should be something that can be changed by players' preference. You may consider setting the default value by the first login event. (initializing player profile when the creation) Then players will be able to change country after entering the game.

0 Likes 0 ·
Joe Hopkins avatar image Joe Hopkins Seth Du ♦ commented ·

It would be nice to be able to change it on the profile. Because we show flag in leaderboards and the sdk does not report the key value pairs when you get a leaderboard list.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.