question

Corbin Ordel avatar image
Corbin Ordel asked

How I can link Playfab with an already existing Azure active directory B2C implementation of player accounts

I have successfully gotten Playfab to work with my Unity app - I can create accounts and log in nicely. I am wondering how I can link Playfab with an already existing Azure active directory B2C implementation of player accounts that I have created? The existing Azure DB is used for players who sign up through a browser. Thank you for any and all help!

Player Dataunity3dAccount Management
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Corbin Ordel avatar image Corbin Ordel commented ·

Thanks @SethDu - are there any tutorials on how to implement this type of relations ship between Playfab and Oped ID?

0 Likes 0 ·
Corbin Ordel avatar image
Corbin Ordel answered

I am very much a beginner here, could you explain how I could implement s LinkOpenIdConnect with playfab?

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Basically the process will be registering a relationship between a title and an Open ID Connect provider via CreateOpenIdConnection API, then players may use LoginWithOpenIdConnect to log in PlayFab.

PlayFab is not an OpenID connection Provider, hence there is no official documentation on the website. You may refer to:

0 Likes 0 ·
    Corbin Ordel avatar image Corbin Ordel Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Thanks @SethDu - Do you know of any tutorials on how to use the documentation you have listed to implement this type of relations ship between Playfab and Oped ID?

0 Likes 0 ·
    Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Corbin Ordel commented ·
    • If you mean the relationship between your Game Title with OpenID provider, CreateOpenIdConnection will do as it is a one-time job for each openID provider.
    • If you mean the existing player accounts, players will be able to call LinkOpenIdConnect API to add open ID identity to their accounts.
    0 Likes 0 ·
    Seth Du avatar image
    Seth Du answered

As I understand it, you want players to use Microsoft identity to log into your game. It seems Azure active directory supports OpenIdConnect: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/develop/v2-protocols-oidc, thus you can try with LoginWithOpenIdConnect/LinkOpenIdConnect.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.