question

bprusha avatar image
bprusha asked

MockVMAgent shuts down after a about a minute

Hello,

For some reason, mockvm is starting up, going to the active state, then auto shutting down after about of minute of execution. It just shuts down the server.

1) I okay past the firewall when it runs.

2) I can see the .exe running in task manager until it shuts down. And the logs folder \\Logs\PlayFabVmAgentOutput\2020-07-24T14-20-45\ExtAssets\SH0\A0 has the extracted .zip file

3) The Multiplayersettings.json file seems to be in order. https://pastebin.com/TS9w29qq

4) I am getting my program output as expected.

5) Here is the mockvmagent output https://pastebin.com/aY8WKxwY

6) I tried setting up docker but get an install error. Waiting on that support. So, I can't use Docker.

I am at a loss. It is active for a bit and then poof. Just decides to shutdown but gives no reason. Is there a timeout setting somewhere? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

support
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

The server shuts down after about one minute because it is how the server is set up in the configuration file.

In Multiplayersettings.json:

"NumHeartBeatsForActivateResponse": 10,

"NumHeartBeatsForTerminateResponse": 60,

You may increase those numbers for long time running. According to the default configuration, the server build will run in stand-by mode for 10 heartbeats and stay in active state for 60 heartbeats, then terminate.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bprusha avatar image
bprusha answered

Ok I saw that, but why wouldn't the server stay up indefinitely? Can I set something there so it doesn't shutdown?

2 comments
10 |1200

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

The Multiplayer Server 2.0 is designed for session based games, which normally last for very few hours.

In addition, the local VM agent only simulates the working environment of a server build and players won't be able to access it via PlayFab. If you have specific needs like stability testing, you may set a large number in the configuration file.

0 Likes 0 ·
bprusha avatar image bprusha Seth Du ♦ commented ·

What about non session based games? Like a world where players move from city to city and can engage players and other NPCs within any city? The player may interact with a base in a city for several hours to build, enhance, build things, etc. Is that suitable for Multiplayer server?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.