question

Robert Chinery avatar image
Robert Chinery asked

SMPT AWS SES Issue

I'm trying to use the SMTP add-on with AWS SES, and I'm running into an issue with the from e-mail address. It looks like the SMTP add-on is submitting the To e-mail address as the From address to the SMTP server. If I I try to send a template email to my own address (the one my SES is configured with) it works fine, but if i try to use any other email, I get an error from SES saying that I haven't verified that e-mail (for sending).

{
  "EventNamespace": "com.playfab",
  "EventId": "85fb473cb3164210a349ee75a47f38c7",
  "EntityType": "player",
  "SourceType": "BackEnd",
  "EventName": "sent_email",
  "Timestamp": "2020-07-23T21:39:26.5550083Z",
  "EntityId": "8B9B1443B77F85F8",
  "TitleId": "BDB51",
  "Source": "PlayFab",
  "EmailName": "Primary",
  "EmailTemplateId": "495F9CCDBCBFE7AC",
  "EmailTemplateName": "Verify",
  "EmailTemplateType": "EmailVerification",
  "Success": false,
  "ErrorName": "SmtpServerGeneralFailure",
  "ErrorMessage": "Transaction failed. The server response was: Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region US-EAST-1: [TO EMAIL ADDRESS]",
  "Token": "60467409D49140BB",
  "Subject": "Verify your e-mail address",
  "Body": "<head></head>\r\n<body><p>Please verify your email.</p><p><a href='[Verification Link]'>Click here</a> to verify</p></body>",
  "Language": "en"
}
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

I am not familiar with AWS SES but may I ask is your account currently in ‘Sandbox’ mode? Refer to: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/37528301/send-test-email-fails-with-email-address-is-not-verified, you may contacting AWS support to move your account out of sandbox mode.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.