question

Muhammad Roshaan Tariq avatar image
Muhammad Roshaan Tariq asked

How can I create team tournaments like Toon Blast game

Hi,

I want to create a team tournament system just like toon blast for my game. Toon blast tournaments are based on following rules (I copied the rules/requirements from this link)

• Teams can compete against other teams in the Team Tournament by collecting stars from the levels for a huge reward! The teams with the top scores in the Team Tournament will receive the reward after it ends!
  • Players must be in a team to participate.
  • Teams must have at least 10 players to join a Team Tournament.
  • Each tournament group consists of 10 teams which are on similar levels.
  • The team score is determined by the amount of stars collected from the levels by all players on the team during the Team Tournament.
  • The top 5 teams will receive a reward. Prizes shown on the tournament page are the total team prizes. These prizes will be divided by 50.
  • Players that are kicked from the team or leave the team will have their stars removed from the team score.
  • Players cannot participate in an ongoing Team Tournament if they are kicked from a team or leave their team during it, even if they join a new team afterwards.
  • The stars collected in a Team Tournament will not carry over to the next Team Tournament. Each Team Tournament is separate.
apissdksLeaderboards and StatisticsPartner Add-ons
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

May I ask is the team a clan? Otherwise, does it group up via matchmaking?

0 Likes 0 ·
Muhammad Roshaan Tariq avatar image Muhammad Roshaan Tariq Seth Du ♦ commented ·

@SethDu

Yes, team is a clan. And there won't be a matchmaking just a competition to get the highest score

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Hi, we have been working on a feasible workaround and discuss with the team these days. However, the feature you have mentioned is not supported by PlayFab. Leaderboard for a group is not supported and your scenario is groups of teams. You may need to implement an external agent server to store those data.

Good news is that PlayFab team have been working on Leaderboard V2 which is based on Entity model, however, there is no ETA currently. Please keep track of updates and roadmap news.

Please also understand that forum support doesn't have an SLA agreement, if you have any urgent business impact, you may consider launch your title and join an upgraded plan so that you can submit support ticket for dedicated technical support.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Muhammad Roshaan Tariq avatar image Muhammad Roshaan Tariq commented ·

Can you provide any work around for team vs team or clan vs clan tournament/leaderboard? Has anyone before completed this feature using Playfab?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Muhammad Roshaan Tariq commented ·

Since team-based leaderboards aren't supported right now, it's safe to say that no, no one has implemented them solely using PlayFab features. The issue is that the legacy statistics service is designed for individual player scores. Trying to use it to aggregate information for many players isn't going to work, as the higher frequency of updates could result in errors.

If you need this in the short term, we would recommend using a Redis Int or similar to track on scores for your teams.

0 Likes 0 ·
Muhammad Roshaan Tariq avatar image Muhammad Roshaan Tariq brendan commented ·

@Brendan

How can I link the Redis with Playfab?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Muhammad Roshaan Tariq avatar image
Muhammad Roshaan Tariq answered

@Brendan @SethDu

I'm really starting to hate this forum service. It's been three days and no one answer to any question once they comment or put answer. You really need to update your thread refresh code

You don't let users post another question in second thread and you don't answer in the first thread

1 comment
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

To be clear, questions that are 100% matches to a question in an existing thread will be forwarded to that thread, to prevent confusion (partial info in each, or different people potentially asking you to answer the same follow-up questions).

0 Likes 0 ·
appgame avatar image
appgame answered

How large is leader board value?

"45112057" String

TeamWins: String.substr(0, 1)

TeamId: 2-4, 720 Teams

PlayerId: ID=String.substr(5, 7)

3 comments
10 |1200

appgame avatar image appgame commented ·

Me and my teammates 112 all have 45 wins.

Our post value is 45112 + ID#

0 Likes 0 ·

2,147,483,647 max value

0 Likes 0 ·

Router max value can only be a 1 or 2.

1 indicates the player is still in the tournament.

2 indicates the player has left the tournament.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.