question

Adela Barbulescu avatar image
Adela Barbulescu asked

How can I correctly delete a player account ?,How can I correctly delete a player so that he can reuse the email to sign up again in the game ?

I have tried deleting a player by deleting the player title and/or player master. The objective is to reuse those email accounts for testing. But the emails can't be used for signup afterwards and they are ptractically blocked. How can I correctly delete a plauyer so that the email is reusable ? Thanks.

I have tested deleting a few email accounts by deleting the title player and/or the master player. The user cannot be found in Playfab afterwards. But the email can't be reused to sign up again. How can I correctly delete a user so that his email account can be reused if needed ? While testing, all these deleted emails are practically blocked.

Player DataAccount Managementtest
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Adela Barbulescu avatar image Adela Barbulescu commented ·

Something weird happened and the questions appear twice.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image
brandon@uprootstudios.com answered

@Adela Barbulescu Deleting a Master Player can take some time, sometimes up to a few days. If you want to use the same login method for a new player (email, ID, etc), you need to un-link it before you delete the Player.

7 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

JJ avatar image JJ commented ·

Hi, what is the best way to do this? ie: to remove the email address, should that be done from the code within our game as a client API request, or should it be done with the server JS code (in cloud script)?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ JJ commented ·

Simply deleting the Master Player Account will make those login identities like email re-usable. It cannot be done via classic cloud script because Admin API is not supported. Meanwhile you may implement it in Azure Function.

0 Likes 0 ·
JJ avatar image JJ Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Ok thank you. So how would we do that via Azure function.. simply? I really appreciate the quick reply but any additional details about how to do something as simple as allowing a player to remove their account would be great to know. It's hard for all users to understand what "Azure function" means :)

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.