question

Weien Meng avatar image
Weien Meng asked

How to give items to players who are Top 10 in a leaderboard ,How can I give an item to players who are Top 10 in the leaderboard?

I want to grant access of an item to players who are top 10 in a specific leaderboard. My game is match based. When a match finished, I want the game to check if he/she is still Top 10. If not, the item is taken back. If someone who wasn’t top 10, after a match, he/she becomes top 10, this item is granted. How can I implement this?

I know I can use Client API to check leaderboard position. Then, grant/omit access via client logic. But I doubt this is a secure way.

Player DataCloudScriptLeaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

PlayFab Leaderboard Prize Table can achieve your requirements. A prize table can trigger a set of actions on a group of players within a range of ranks. It can be used to grant items or execute a custom CloudScript function to implement a customized reward. Please refer to this tutorial -- https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/social/tournaments-leaderboards/using-prize-tables to implement the prize table for your need.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.