question

Muhammad Roshaan Tariq avatar image
Muhammad Roshaan Tariq asked

What is the best way to use LoginWithEmail API for Login?

Hi,

I have used LoginWithEmail API for my users to get logged-in but I don't want them to add the Email/Password each time they open the app and I don't want to store the password in PlayerPrefs or some other unprotected storage.

What I have thought to do is

I think this way I won't need or have to store any credentials on client side. Am I thinking it right? If not, please let me know what is the best way/solution?

apissdksAuthentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Yes, you’re right. And, one thing to emphasize: you should always make sure that every player has a recoverable login mechanism (LoginWithEmail is OK) so that they can unlink & re-link when they lose or want to change devices. Here is doc on Login basics and best practices you may find helpful.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Muhammad Roshaan Tariq avatar image Muhammad Roshaan Tariq commented ·

Alright, thanks for the reassurance. I just wanted to confirm if this is the right way to do.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.