question

Yury Marshev avatar image
Yury Marshev asked

Revoke all items or delete character?,What is better way: delete character or revoke inventory items?

I need to clear all character inventory and custom data after death. Now i just delete this character and create new, but maybe it will be better to revoke all items and clear data by requests. In case of proper using playfab api and playfab resources. Sorry for my english)

Player InventoryCharacter DataCharacters
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

The Server API request DeleteCharacterFromUser will purge the inventory items of this character when SaveCharacterInventory isset as false. If you do not need to reuse this character Id or this character’s other info (such as the statistics), DeleteCharacterFromUser and RevokeInventoryItems both can be used to purge the character’s inventory items. Besides, due to RevokeInventoryItems will revoke up to 25 items once. You may need to call this request repeatedly to purge the inventory.

As a summary, DeleteCharacterFromUser is more suitable for temporary roles, RevokeInventoryItems is more suitable for a persistent character. You can use these two APIs according to your needs.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.