question

Muhammad Roshaan Tariq avatar image
Muhammad Roshaan Tariq asked

Can we create or host events in Playfab's Clan/Guild?

Hi, I have integrated the Playfab's clan and guild system in my game. In which everything is set (chat and creation or acceptance of groups) but I want to add one more thing in my game which is clan events or tournaments. Below are my few concerns or questions:

• Is there any document or tutorial which I can follow to add this functionality in my game?
  • Does Playfab support clan tournaments?
  • And if I can add the tournaments in my clan, can I add leaderboards too in each clan?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

apissdksentities
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Muhammad Roshaan Tariq avatar image
Muhammad Roshaan Tariq answered

@SethDu

And what about hosting the events/tournaments in clan? Is that supported or not? And can you please guide me for it's implementation?

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

What features do you want to have in the tournament event? Would you provide a more detailed scenario?

0 Likes 0 ·
Muhammad Roshaan Tariq avatar image Muhammad Roshaan Tariq Seth Du ♦ commented ·

@SethDu

We will implement it to the puzzle games.

So, Once users complete the level, they will get 1-3 stars depending on the score.

And on the tournaments, they will compete about how many stars each team or each player get in a certain time.

And based on the ranking, top teams can get rewards like coins.

For events, it's not competition, but they need to hit certain amount of stars to get rewards

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Muhammad Roshaan Tariq commented ·

Please keep track of follow-ups on this thread: https://community.playfab.com/questions/42096/playfab-clanguild-available-features-and-limitatio.html. There will be a workaround for the tournament.

The clan event you have mentioned is not easy to implement by PlayFab, because it is more like multiple players read/write one data. In terms of this scenario, the best solution is still implementing an external database server, which can handle queued/cached data change requests, like Redis.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Currently, it is not supported by PlayFab. You will need to implement work around solution to handle the clan tournament feature (for example, set specific Leaderboard for the clan and store the data in clan creator's account). The current version of Leaderboard is working globally, which is a shared resource within a title. Hence, there won't be clan/group specific Leaderboard. We are glad to let you know that the new Leaderboard V2 is under development, though we don't have ETA. Please keep on track of the News and updates.

10 |1200